I am very undecided about whether to NaNoWriMo this year.
1) I have never done it before
2) It seems unlikely that I’ll have a job by November, so I should have some time
3) I am (possibly unwisely) reasonably confident that I could get to that number of words, having written pretty major stuff before, PhD thesis and suchlike. Although I don’t know whether I can possibly write that much fiction.
4) I’m getting used to blasting out poems and articles using the just-get-your-bum-in-the-chair method. It would be interesting to see whether that works for longer stuff.
5) Fun, meeting people and all that good stuff.
1) I literally have no novel outline beyond two one-line ideas that keep bouncing around my head.
2) It’s now well into October so I would really have to get on with it if I was going to write an outline.
3) I really don’t think it would improve my job-hunting focus any! Also, it would take some focus away from other creative activities that I’d like to pursue.
4) I hate drafting on the computer, I’m a longhand-then-type person, but I’d want to write on the computer for the wordcount.
5) Level of insanity seem in other NaNoWriMoers. Just kidding, my lovely friends and family!